What’s working: bringing innovative content genres and effective revenue generation methods to Ukraine Donor: The U.S. Embassy in Kiev
What’s working: bringing innovative content genres and effective revenue generation methods to Ukraine
Improve reporting and editorial independence of Ukrainian regional media, using cutting-edge content development and revenue generation approaches.
Linking Media, OKO.press, Gazeta Wyborcza (Poland), DoR (Romania), Direkt36.hu, CIJ.hu (Hungary) DennikN (Czech Republic and Slovakia), News Revenue Hub (US), Bellingcat (Netherlands) Solutions Journalism Network (US), Change.org
- To improve the reporting and editorial independence of Ukrainian regional media by introducing
them to cutting-edge content development and revenue generation approaches used by media in the EU and the U.S.
- Innovation Summits: Conduct Innovation Summits for 50-60 journalists in two target cities, featuring best practices in local news reporting; local audience community-building.
- Residencies: Select media outlets to host resident experts for a period of 1 to 4 weeks.
- Solution journalism: Conduct a practical session on Solution Journalism. Conduct Day Two intro workshop for those who were unable to attend the Innovation Summits. Conduct two competitions among the attendees of Innovation Summits, and fund winners, who will receive mentoring during the production of the stories, which will be aired/published by regional media and translated into English for publication in Transitions’ online magazine.
- Revenue component: Provide on-site consultations on revenue generation to individual media outlets. Provide support in the preparation, implementation, and launch of subscription or membership revenue programs to at least one publisher identified as the most promising.
- Networking and conferences: Fund the travel of Ukrainian journalists to international journalism festivals.
For more information about TOL’s other current projects, please click here.