7 February 1998 The first victim, Petar Stanojevic, was admitted to the Nis hospital in a coma on January 28th, while his relatives brought a bottle of “lozovaca” and told the doctors that the brew might be the cause of his critical condition. The doctors did not take the warning seriously, for symptoms of methyl […]

You have reached a premium content area of TOL. To read this entire article please login if you are already a TOL subscriber.

Not a subscriber?

Annual membership costs only $55 per year for individuals ($33 for students) and organizational subscriptions start at $141 per year.

Subscribe today for access to:
Full access to the website, including premium articles videos, country reports and searchable archives (containing over 25,000 articles).

You can subscribe here to gain access to the entire website.