Digital/Social Media Marketing Manager
Transitions (tol.org) is an independent news media non-profit based in Prague which empowers sustainable, independent news media in CEE and CIS via training, events and a proprietary online news magazine. We are hiring a talented Digital/Social Media Manager professional to join our team who will lead, design, and implement a new social media strategy to promote Transitions’ publishing and training activities. If you are excited to be part of a mission-driven and innovative culture and an international team, Transitions is a great place to grow your career.
● Design social media strategy and oversee day-to-day management of campaigns, while ensuring brand consistency
● Supervise all aspects of social media interaction between customers and the company, and ensure a positive customer service experience
● Ensure progress on all platforms by using analytical tools such as Google Analytics and others
● Collaborate with other teams, like editorial, sales, marketing, and customer service to ensure brand and messaging consistency
● Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
● 2-3 years’ proven work experience in social media management
● Written and oral fluency in English
● Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, journalism, public relations, or related field preferred
● Social media expertise and knowledge about what types of content work best on what platform, how to engage each audience, content optimization, how to increase followers, etc.
● Proven copywriting skills and working knowledge of basics of graphic design
● Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research
● Analytical attitude, data-driven decision making, knowledge of Google Analytics
● Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
● For immediate consideration, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Editors, Writers, and Bloggers
Do you have journalism experience and time that you could give to Transitions? We’re looking for volunteer editors, writers, and bloggers, and would be happy to talk to you about how you can start help supporting independent journalism from and about Central and Eastern Europe, the Balkans, and the former Soviet Union. This opportunity would especially suit a retired journalist or journalism student. For more information, please write: email@example.com.
Internships at Transitions
Location: Due to the current epidemiological situation, all the internships we offer are remote.
Reach the talents of the region!
TOL’s Jobs section is among the most visited pages of our website. Our readers are well-educated, internationally minded, and possess strong English-language skills – making Transitions the perfect partner for finding the right person quickly!
Post your job on TOL and reach our 50,000 monthly readers with your own full-text ad. This will bring your job opening to the attention of a highly-skilled international audience through an award-winning publication, and all at a highly cost-effective rate.
A few facts about our audience:
o 56% have a postgraduate degree
o Nearly 1/3 of readers are highly-mobile expatriates
o Our readers are all fluent in English and are well-travelled
o 38% of our readers are between 26- and 35-years-old
Most importantly, many of our readers have extensive experience of working in the post-communist region in corporate, academic and NGO functions, making TOL the ideal place to advertise jobs related to this region.
Posting a job on TOL is fast, easy, and cheap. The standard charge is $25 per month for a 50-word listing, which gets you one month of exposure on the jobs homepage. All new jobs are also posted on the TOL homepage for a short period of time, adding to the potential exposure of your announcement.