Use of the Transitions website is subject to the terms below. By becoming a member in Transitions’ online community (i.e. a subscriber to our web publication) means that you accept and agree to comply with the conditions and stipulations contained in this document. From here on the subscriber will be referred to as the “Licensee.”
The product licensed:
Full access to the Transitions web publication https://transitionsmedia.org/, which constitutes unrestricted access to all archives, articles and features at: www.tol.org, https://toleducation.org/ and https://courses.toleducation.org/. The user is permitted and encouraged to make full use of the sites features.
Unless otherwise noted, the license is for a 12-month period, and is effective from the date this agreement is signed. Should the licensee violate any of the licensing terms, this agreement can be terminated and the license revoked.
At the end of the licensing period, the licensee can request a renewal of the license.
All copyrights for the Transitions site, its features, and content are owned by Transitions and its third party suppliers and partners. The licensee may not reproduce or copy content for commercial purposes without proper authorization from Transitions.
In order to receive and maintain licensee status, the licensee will honor the following terms and guidelines:
1. The licensee is not allowed to change, edit or alter any content or features of the Transitions site. The licensee may not attempt to modify, decrypt, encode or threaten the electronic security and content of the Transitions site or in any way violate its security and integrity.
2. The licensee may not distribute the content of the Transitions site to a third party in any format without permission. One exception is libraries that wish to compile printed or electronic versions of Transitions articles or features for display and use by the library’s patrons according to regular library regulations. In this case, not more than 2 copies of Transitions articles may be reproduced without permission. In addition, the licensee may freely make use of the “Send an article to a friend” feature.
3. The Licensee will ensure that the site is not accessible from non-licensed workstations or that it becomes accessible from outside the licensed institution.
We will charge or debit your payment method at the beginning of your subscription or, if applicable, at the end of your free trial period. Billing will continue according to the cycle stated at the time of your order.
All Transitions digital subscriptions are renewed automatically. When we renew your subscription, we will use the payment method currently associated with your account.
You can view your payment method at any time in the My Account area of tol.org.
Cancellation and Refunds of Digital Subscriptions
When you cancel a subscription, you cancel only future charges associated with your subscription. You may notify us of your intent to cancel at any time, but the cancellation will become effective at the end of your current billing period.
Cancellations are effective the following billing cycle. You will not receive a refund for the current billing cycle. You will continue to have the same access and benefits of your product for the remainder of the current billing period.
We reserve the right to issue refunds or credits at our sole discretion. If we issue a refund or credit, we are under no obligation to issue the same or similar refund in the future.
Our policy can be summarised in one sentence: we will not share your information with others without your prior consent.
To promote confidence in using our internet products and services, the Transitions wishes to explain what happens with personal data it gathers. The following explains what kind of information is collected and how that information is used. You can access most pages on our website without divulging any information about yourself. In case we ask you for personal data, in connection with membership or registration for an event, requests for information, or acquiring products or services, we store it for two main reasons: To help us monitor and improve the services we offer, and provide personalised services unique to our users.
At Transitions (address: Baranova 33, Prague 3, 130 00, CR) we place great emphasis on the protection of your personal information and compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)*.
*Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC.
Unless we have a legal obligation to do so, we will not disclose your data to individuals, organizations, or other entities outside the Transitions other than those who are acting as suppliers and data processors working on our behalf.
Security of your information
We are committed to holding your data securely and treating it with sensitivity. All data are held securely and in accordance with the relevant data privacy laws and our internal policies. We do not sell to or trade your data with any other organizations.
Majority of the information we store and process stays within the Czech Republic, some information may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). This may occur if, for example, one of our trusted partners’ servers are located in a country outside the EEA. Where these countries do not have similar data protection laws to the European Union, we will take steps to make sure they provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with EU data protection law.
Our principles are:
- We will respect your email privacy. We will be the only party to email you with information or queries about you, your needs, your subscription account or postings, for example, with reminders, warnings or copyright requests.
- In order to grow our online following, we would like to use your email to create lookalike audiences on social media platforms for advertising. Other than this, we will not pass your personal information for any other third party use unless we have your prior consent, nor will we sell your personal details to third parties or market this information in any other way without your explicit permission. If you prefer for us not to use your email for this purpose, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will only share anonymous aggregate statistics about our users, sales and traffic patterns with our partners.
- Persons under the age of 18 years should not communicate personal data to us without the prior consent of adults authorised to act on their behalf.
- At your request, we will refrain from using your personal data to contact you and/or delete it. Please submit any such request by e-mail to: email@example.com.
- Please be advised that, if you cancel, you cannot use any member services anymore, as this is linked to your member data.