Digital/Social Media Marketing Manager
Job Overview – Transitions (tol.org) is an independent news media non-profit based in Prague which empowers sustainable, independent news media in CEE and CIS via training, events and a proprietary online news magazine. We are hiring a talented Digital/Social Media Manager professional to join our team who will lead, design, and implement a new social media strategy to promote Transitions’ publishing and training activities. If you are excited to be part of a mission-driven and innovative culture and an international
team, Transitions is a great place to grow your career.
● Design social media strategy and oversee day-to-day management of campaigns, while ensuring brand consistency
● Supervise all aspects of social media interaction between customers and the company, and ensure a positive customer service experience
● Ensure progress on all platforms by using analytical tools such as Google Analytics and others
● Collaborate with other teams, like editorial, sales, marketing, and customer service to ensure brand and messaging consistency
● Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
● 2-3 years’ proven work experience in social media management
● Written and oral fluency in English
● Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, journalism, public relations, or related field preferred
● Social media expertise and knowledge about what types of content work best on what platform, how to engage each audience, content optimization, how to increase followers, etc.
● Proven copywriting skills and working knowledge of basics of graphic design
● Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research
● Analytical attitude, data-driven decision making, knowledge of Google Analytics
● Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
● For immediate consideration, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Due to the current epidemiological situation, all the internships we offer are remote.
Transitions has numerous opportunities for students, especially those interested in journalism, the media business, development, and marketing. TOL is an international publishing and media development nonprofit organization based in Prague. Our mission is to improve the professionalism, independence, and impact of the news media in the post-communist countries of Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union. As a public-service media entity we are committed to using local voices to provide probing, informed coverage of these countries.
Our interns come from a wide range of higher academic institutions from all over the world such as: New York University (U.S.), Tufts University (U.S.), Charles University (CZ), Anglo-American University (CZ), University of Central Lancashire-Preston (U.K.).
To apply for an internship you will need to submit your resume and cover letter. If applying for an editorial position, you will later be asked to submit a writing sample and take a timed test.
Are you interested in interning with us? Throughout the year, Transitions offers the possibility of several types of internships.
Interns can choose from the following areas
- Editorial Assistant Intern
- Community Outreach/Crowdfunding
- NGO Development Assistant
- Marketing/Social Media Intern
- Business Development Assistant
Here is what our interns have said about their experience
Rebecca Mitchell (New York University)
My experience as a Grants and Promotions intern at TOL has not only greatly contributed to my overall time studying abroad, but has also left me with lessons and experiences that I will definitely be able to incorporate into any future internship or career I pursue. Prior to interning at TOL I had very little experience working with social media for formal networking and promotions and even less working with a non-profit and grants. With the help of TOL’s patient and experienced staff I now know how to write grant proposals and interim reports, better navigate and edit social media outlets and blogs, and utilize tools such as WordPress. I was often given a diverse range of tasks that were at times challenging yet never overwhelming; the staff at Transitions was always more than understanding and helpful and took the time to guide me through my assignments while still allowing me the space to also work on projects individually. I cannot say enough how valuable I found my experience at TOL to be within my short four months abroad, and I even plan to extend the length of my experience and continue interning with them from the U.S. this summer.
Joon Lee (New York University)
Working at Transitions Online was certainly an eye-opening experience. I did not have any relevant skill or knowledge before working here, but I gradually learned the procedure of writing grant proposals and contacting people through various work tasks. More importantly, my work here created great synergy with my studies at college. I realized how important journalism education and support are for the future generation while doing my researches for the organization.
Will Sandeman (University of Sheffield)
An internship in TOL’s editorial department is a great opportunity to gain writing experience working with a friendly and inspiring team. It is also guaranteed to vastly improve your knowledge of the countries in the magazine’s coverage region. I would recommend it both to students of journalism and anyone interested in post-Soviet countries.