Use of the Transitions website is subject to the terms below. By becoming a member in TOL’s online community (i.e. a subscriber to our web publication) means that you accept and agree to comply with the conditions and stipulations contained in this document. From here on the subscriber will be referred to as the “Licensee.”
The product licensed:
Full access to the Transitions web publication, which constitutes unrestricted access to all archives, articles and features at: www.tol.org and http://toleducation.org. The user is permitted and encouraged to make full use of the sites features.
Unless otherwise noted, the license is for a 12-month period, and is effective from the date this agreement is signed. Should the licensee violate any of the licensing terms, this agreement can be terminated and the license revoked.
At the end of the licensing period, the licensee can request a renewal of the license.
All copyrights for the TOL site, its features, and content are owned by TOL and its third party suppliers and partners. The licensee may not reproduce or copy content for commercial purposes without proper authorization from TOL.
In order to receive and maintain licensee status, the licensee will honor the following terms and guidelines:
1. The licensee is not allowed to change, edit or alter any content or features of the TOL site. The licensee may not attempt to modify, decrypt, encode or threaten the electronic security and content of the TOL site or in any way violate its security and integrity.
2. The licensee may not distribute the content of the TOL site to a third party in any format without permission. One exception is libraries that wish to compile printed or electronic versions of TOL articles or features for display and use by the library’s patrons according to regular library regulations. In this case, not more than 2 copies of TOL articles may be reproduced without permission. In addition, the licensee may freely make use of the “Send an article to a friend” feature.
3. The Licensee will ensure that the site is not accessible from non-licensed workstations or that it becomes accessible from outside the licensed institution.
Our policy can be summarised in one sentence: we will not share your information with others without your prior consent.
To promote confidence in using our internet products and services, the Transitions wishes to explain what happens with personal data it gathers. The following explains what kind of information is collected and how that information is used. You can access most pages on our website without divulging any information about yourself. In case we ask you for personal data, in connection with membership or registration for an event, requests for information, or acquiring products or services, we store it for two main reasons: To help us monitor and improve the services we offer, and provide personalised services unique to our users.
Our principles are:
- We will respect your email privacy. We will be the only party to email you with information or queries about you, your needs, your subscription account or postings, for example, with reminders, warnings or copyright requests.
- We will not pass on any individual user details (including your email address) for third party use unless we have your prior consent, neither will we sell your personal details to third parties or market this information in any other way without your explicit permission.
- We will only share anonymous aggregate statistics about our users, sales and traffic patterns with our partners.
- Persons under the age of 18 years should not communicate personal data to us without the prior consent of adults authorised to act on their behalf.
- At your request, we will refrain from using your personal data to contact you and/or delete it. Please submit any such request by e-mail to: email@example.com
- Please be advised that, if you cancel, you cannot use any member services anymore, as this is linked to your member data.