On the whole, the government is satisfied with the achieved level of transformation of Czech society, which is taking place simultaneously in all dimensions in the lives of all of us and our country. This evaluation is based on:
- pondering what we have managed during the relatively short period of five years;
- comparing developments in our country and in other post-communist countries;
- our own analyses based on statistical data and analyses of the transformation of institutions as well as changes in the behavior of individuals and social groups;
- on opinions of our citizens expressed in the local government elections and in dozens of opinion polls;
- the existence of social peace and the lack of strikes, demonstrations and similar expressions of public discontent;
- and on the views of foreign countries, where our reforms are seen positively.
Let me submit to you that developments in our country are very positive and that the performance of the first government of the Czech Republic has been successful. This is being confirmed by the public's high support for our policies, which is exceptional in comparison with all other post-communist states.
All this has helped to ensure an exceptional political stability of our state. 5838-prime-minister-vaclav-klaus-on-czech-reforms